Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hiking Bucket List

People much wiser than myself have always told me that it's important to have goals in life and that it is equally important to make a list of those goals.  I've also heard that you are considerably more likely to achieve your goals if you announce them publicly.

In the spirit of completing my bucket list and in the name of adventure I share with you my Hiking Bucket List, comprising of eleven treks spread across six continents.


Here is the list:
Africa
Mount Kiliminjaro, Tanzania
(19,341 feet)






















Asia
Jiankou section of Great Wall of China, Huairou District, China
(1.5 days)




Yellow Mountain (Huangshan), Anhui Province, China
(9 miles)



Ulsanbawi Rock, Seoraksan National Park, South Korea
(14 miles)


Europe
Tour de Mont Blanc, France, Italy, and Switzerland
(105 miles)


North America
West Coast Trail, British Columbia, Canada
(48 miles)


John Muir Trail, Yosemite, California, United States
(16 miles)


Kalalau Trail, Kauai, Hawaii, United States
(11 miles)


Zion Narrows, Utah, United States
(16 miles)


Oceania
Tongariro Northern Circuit, North Island, New Zealand
(22 miles)


South America
Inca Trail, Peru
(28 miles)


Maybe I'll complete my bucket list in ten years or possibly I'll hobble up Kilimanjaro with a cane when I'm eighty-years-old.  I don't know.  This is my list and I look forward to the challenge.

Cheers,

Kevin




























No comments:

Post a Comment